Tuesday, September 17, 2013

O'Henry Bars OR Scotcharoos

From: Joyful Momma's Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup karo syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

In a small sauce pan, bring sugar and karo syrup to a boil over medium high heat.  Stir constantly.

Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.  Whisk in until smooth.

In a large mixing bowl, pour the sugar sauce over 6 cups of Rice Krispies and gently stir until well combined.

Press into a greased 9x13 pan.

In microwave, heat the chips 30 seconds at a time and stir well in between heatings.  Heat just until melted, taking care to not burn them.

Pour chocolate mixture over cereal in dish.  Spread evenly and let cool.  Slice into bars.




Verdict:
Thumbs up!! I can definitely see how these don't last long once they're made. What a great combination of flavors! I've never heard of these before but I am so glad I found this recipe. Perfect for family or church gatherings, or just when you have a craving for something sweet! I definitely recommend these and I'll be making these again!

No comments: