Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Homemade Blueberry Muffins

In my quest to feed my family more homemade foods - foods that I know all the ingredients - I realized I had forgotten how much we love muffins! I know I've made homemade muffins before but I was looking for a new recipe - one that made big, fluffy, blueberry-popping muffins. If you've made muffins in the past you know they have a tendency to be very dry. This recipe is a definite winner. I'll never buy muffins at the store again. My next flavor with this recipe will either be apple cinnamon or cranberry orange! Or strawberry! Who knows!?

From: One Fabulous Mama

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
2 cups AP flour
2/3 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup fresh blueberries

Mix together the milk, oil, vanilla and egg. Add in the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until the batter is cake-like. Fold in one cup fresh blueberries. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.

She notes that these freeze really well. Also, if you use self-rising flour you can omit the baking powder! Also, I used fresh blueberries from our blueberry bushes last season. YUMMY!


No comments: