Friday, November 5, 2010

Peanut Butter Cups

Ingredients:

2 sticks butter
1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar



Melt butter, remove from heat and add cracker crumbs, peanut butter and powdered sugar. Pat into 9x13 pan.


Melt chips and frost over the top of the first layer. When chocolate is set, cut into squares.


What I did differently from the recipe:
Nothing. Note though - I did use almond butter instead of peanut butter. I didn't have any creamy peanut butter and I wasn't sure how the crunch would affect the recipe!

What I'll do differently next time:
Use less chocolate chips.

Verdict:
Neutral. It was fine for a really fast, easy, everything-on-hand dessert. But I thought there was way too much chocolate on top. It never really got firm until the night after the morning I made it... if that makes sense. I would have preferred it more firm I think, more like Reese's Cups. But it was something I'd make again in a pinch.

Printable version:

Ingredients:


2 sticks butter
1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Melt butter, remove from heat and add cracker crumbs, peanut butter and powdered sugar. Pat into 9x13 pan. Melt chips and frost over the top of the first layer. When chocolate is set, cut into squares.

No comments: