Friday, November 5, 2010

Baked Potato Soup

Looks like I forgot to take pictures for this recipe!

From: Southern Living All-Time Favorites Cookbook


Ingredients:
5 large baking potatoes, baked
1/4 cup butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1/3 cup flour
1 quart half-and-half
3 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled

Peel potatoes, and coarsely mash with a fork. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, and saute until tender. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Stir in potatoes, half-and-half, and next 3 ingredients; cook over low heat until thoroughly heated. Top each serving with cheese and bacon.

What I did differently from the recipe:
I didn't have any half-and-half on hand, so instead I just added extra milk and about 12 ounces of condensed milk. I just estimated how much to add but it seemed to work!

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Thumbs up! In my opinion you can't go wrong with potato soup. This was delicious and very simple to make!

No comments: