Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rolled Biscuits

I failed at this "simple" recipe. Maybe you'll have better luck!

Ingredients:
2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
Heat oven to 450. Mix 2 cups Bisquick baking mix and 2/3 cup milk until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 30 seconds. If dough is too sticky, gradually mix in enough baking mix to make dough easy to handle.

Turn onto board well floured with baking mix. Gently roll in baking mix to coat.


Shape into a ball.

Knead 10 times. Roll 1/2 inch thick.

Cut with 2-inch cutter floured with baking mix.

Bake on cookie sheet until golden brown, 8-10 minutes.


What I did differently from the recipe:
Nothing.

What I'll do differently next time:
Won't be making this again! A 2" cutter made TINY biscuits and they turned out not so great. I choose Grands Flaky Biscuits over these any day! They weren't hard or anything but they just didn't have a great flavor, and certainly didn't look like the picture!! (My fault!)

Verdict: Thumbs down.

No comments: