Monday, May 25, 2009

Ingredients:
1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
1/3 stick all-vegetable shortening sticks or 1/3 cup all-vegetable shortening
1/3 cup cold water
1 large egg
1 container chocolate fudge frosting

Heat oven to 375. Combine cake mix and shortening in medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until a coarse meal forms.


Add water and egg, mixing on low, until a smooth dough forms.

Shape dough into balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Flatten balls of dough with spatula or cup.

Bake 5-7 minutes or until center is firm. Cool and them remove to a cooling rack. Spread frosting over cookies. Use sprinkles, if you like!


What I did differently from the recipe:
I know I used more shortening than it called for. Not much, but just enough to make the consistency that I thought was right. I also didn't flatten the first batch of cookies, and I don't recommend that. Flattening them definitely made them cook faster and more thoroughly. I left some cookies plain, some have chocolate frosting, some have frosting and sprinkles, and some have chocolate chips in them. Play with them as desired!

What I'll do differently next time: Nothing at all.

Verdict: Thumbs up!! This recipe took less than 15 minutes to make, and was so easy. They are also great for a snack when one is up nursing every few hours...

1 comment:

Now an Air Force Wife and Mommy!! said...

I've made these before and I tried a lot of different flavors of cake mix as well...did I give you the recipe for dump cake cause the pineapple cherry one is soooooooooooo good!