Thursday, November 6, 2014

Tagliarini with Garlic Sauce

From: Sunset Pasta cook book

Ingredients:
8 oz tagliarini
2 large tomatoes or 1 can (1 lb) Italian-style tomatoes
1/4 cup water
1 tsp dry basil
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper and crushed red pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
6 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed

Peel, seed, and coarsely chop tomatoes. If using canned tomatoes, break up with a spoon. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, water (omit if using canned tomatoes), basil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper; reserve.

Place olive oil and garlic in a 1-quart pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat until oil bubbles gently and garlic is a light gold. Add tomato mixture to pan and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.

Cook noodles in a large kettle of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain noodles, then place in a serving bowl. Pour sauce over noodles, toss gently, then serve. Pass Parmesan cheese at the table.



Verdict:
Well, I enjoyed this, but it definitely is not my favorite sauce recipe. I never thought I would say there is too much garlic in a recipe, but I thought that about this recipe! I also don't like the amount of oil that was added. If I were going to make this again I would put half as much olive oil, and 3-4 cloves of garlic instead of 6. I really do think that would make a huge difference in the flavor of this pasta. It was just a little too tangy for me!











No comments: