Monday, April 30, 2012

Teriyaki Potatoes

From: Better Homes and Gardens Prize Tested Recipes cookbook

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb tiny new potatoes
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
ground black pepper
ground red pepper
rosemary

Wash potatoes, scrub thoroughly with a vegetable brush. Cut tiny new potatoes into quarters. Place potatoes in a microwave-safe casserole dish. Add butter, teriyaki sauce, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper and red pepper. Toss to combine. Cover; cook in microwave for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir twice while cooking. Garnish with rosemary if desired.

What I did differently from the recipe:
I was cooking potatoes anyway for dinner, so I cooked my regular-size potatoes. Just before serving I mixed all the ingredients and just heated them in the microwave for about one minute.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Neutral. These weren't bad and I liked having an extra flavor to the potatoes. But I'm not keeping the recipe and probably won't ever make them again. These might make a nice side dish if you're cooking Mexican and you're tired of having rice as a Mexican side dish!

No comments: