Saturday, February 4, 2012

Salt and Vinegar Broiled Fingerling Potatoes

From: Here

Ingredients:
1 pound fingerling potatoes, sliced lengthwise to 1/4-inch thickness
2 cups white vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
Kosher Salt
Pepper

In a small pot, combine the potato slices and vinegar. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until fork-tender, about 8 minutes. Let cool in liquid for 30 minutes.


Then drain well and pat potatoes dry with paper towels. Preheat the broiler with a rack about 6 inches below the heat source. Dump the potato slices onto a sheet pan, sprinkle very generously with olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Arrange the potato slices in a single layer. Broil until lightly browned on top, about 7 minutes. Then flip the slices and broil until the underside is lightly browned, about 5 minutes more. Serve warm.



What I did differently from the recipe:
I just used regular potatoes.


What I'll do differently next time:
I think I'd use a little less vinegar - I didn't really need that much and the flavor was just a tad overwhelming at first.


Verdict:
Thumbs up! I love making homemade chips but I never even thought to make salt and vinegar - one of my favorites. I'll be making these again for sure!

No comments: