Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Marinated Chicken

From: No idea - on an old index card! There's not even a recipe name!

Ingredients:
2 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp chili sauce
4 chicken wings
1 Tbsp flour
salt and pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet, heat oil, add onions and garlic, cook for 5 minutes. Stir in honey, ketchup, Worcestershire, mustard and chili sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Mix flour, salt and pepper. Turn chicken in that mixture, then brush on the cooked mixture. Cook in oven for 30 minutes.

What I did differently from the recipe:
I didn't have chili sauce on hand, so what I did was add chili powder to the flour mixture, and I threw in some brown sugar and vinegar with the sauce that was cooking on the stove. I ended up adding more ketchup, honey and Worcestershire during the cooking, because, YUM! Also, I used drumsticks because I had some in the freezer I needed to use.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing really, except I think this would be GREAT on wings instead of drumsticks because of the caramelization that happens during the cooking. It was fine on drumsticks but it would be finger-lickin' good on wings!

Verdict:
Thumbs up! Like I said, using this on wings would make it better, but the flavor was so good. This is a keeper for marinades!

No comments: