Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dinner Rolls

I have been SEARCHING for a fantastic yeast roll or dinner roll recipe that I don't screw up! Finally, I found a great dinner roll that turned out perfectly and delicious! Not like Golden Corral yeast rolls, but... baby steps!

Ingredients:
1 cup warm water
1 package dry yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 egg
3-4 cups white flour

In a large bowl, add sugar, water and yeast. Let sit about 5 minutes or until frothy.

Slowly add in butter. Mix well, add egg and salt.

Add in flour one cup at a time, mixing the whole time. Cover with saran wrap. Set aside in a warm place. Let rise until double. Punch down and form into 12 balls. Preheat oven to 350. Place 12 dough balls in your greased pan. When balls have risen to double, bake for about 30-40 minutes or until golden.



What I did differently from the recipe:
Obviously, I just made 8 dough balls instead of 12. Not that it matters.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Thumbs up! These were very easy to make! I'm so glad I finally found a recipe that works for me. I did have to add more flour to my dough as I punched it down, so if your dough is too sticky be sure to do that. Also, mine only took about 15-20 minutes to bake, so just keep an eye on them.

No comments: