Monday, February 1, 2010

Cola Chicken

From: The Ultimate Cooking with Four Ingredients

Ingredients:

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup ketchup
1 cup cola
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce


Place chicken in a 13x9 casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix ketchup, cola and Worcestershire and pour over chicken.


Cover and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.


Stephen snuck in this picture of our steak knives.... (insert eye roll)


What I did differently from the recipe:
Nothing.

What I'll do differently next time:
I'm not sure...

Verdict:
Well, it wasn't bad. But it was like every other bite was really good. And then the other bites were just mediocre. I think it needed something else to make every bite great. I'm not sure what it needed - more sauce? Perhaps more ketchup and Worcestershire, less cola, and add in liquid smoke. I'd be willing to try this one again.

Printable version:

Ingredients:

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup ketchup
1 cup cola
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Place chicken in a 13x9 casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix ketchup, cola and Worcestershire and pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

No comments: