Sunday, November 29, 2009

Raspberry Cheesecake Bars II

Okay, funny story. Remember this recipe? Well, I wanted to make it for Thanksgiving, so I found it in the cookbook and made it, the whole time thinking something was a bit different. Turns out it was a different Raspberry Cheesecake Bar recipe. I have no pictures because I thought I was making a recipe I'd already made. It's not very different. I liked the other recipe better but I also used the wrong size pan for this one! Anyway, I wanted to give you the option to try BOTH recipes and compare them yourselves!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup stick butter, softened
1/3 cup light corn syrup
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
3 large eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup raspberry jam
Powdered sugar, if desired

Heat oven to 375. Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9, with shortening.

Beat flour, sugar, salt, butter, and 1/3 cup corn syrup with electric mixer on medium speed until dough forms. Press evenly in pan.

Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in 1 cup corn syrup and the vanilla until smooth. Pour over dough.

Bake 35-40 minutes or until edges are light golden brown and filling is set. Stir jam; spread over hot bars. Refrigerate at least 3 hours until chilled.

Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you wish. Refrigerate any remaining bars.

What I did differently from the recipe:
I used a 9-in square pan instead of a 9x13 pan. It made the bars higher but I didn't have to cook them any longer.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Neutral. I think I like the other recipe better although I'm not sure why. You try it and see what you think!

No comments: