Thursday, November 5, 2009

Da Vinci Pasta Soup

*Note* This is going to be a guessing game type of recipe. I threw the recipe out after I made it! Oops. But it's pretty simple and it's a fun one to mess around with, so go for it!

Ingredients:
chicken broth
pasta
onion, diced
celery, chopped
1 can whole tomatoes, chopped


In a pot over medium heat, cook about a 1/2 cup of onions over some vegetable oil until they are browned. I threw in sugar because I love the flavor of caramelized onions.


Stir in tomatoes (with juice), about 3-4 cups of chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Then let it simmer for about 10 minutes on low.


Add the celery and cook for 5 more minutes. Then add whatever pasta you are using and cook until the pasta is tender, usually about 10 minutes. Serve with Parmesan cheese.

What I did differently from the recipe:
Don't remember, because I threw out the recipe! Oh yeah, I did add Italian seasoning and parsley to give it some "Umph".

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing.

Verdict:
Thumbs down. It was an okay soup but not one I'll make again. But I only say thumbs down because there wasn't anything very exciting about it. Maybe you can use this recipe as a starter and add something to make it your own!

No comments: