Monday, August 24, 2009

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuits

Ingredients:
Biscuit/bread
Bacon/Ham
Egg
Cheese

Place biscuit, open, on a baking sheet. In a skillet, cook one slice of bacon (split in half) and one egg. After egg is cooked, place on one slice of bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay one slice of cheese on top of egg. Top with both halves of bacon. Place in the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts.



This recipe is an original. I was hungry this morning, and too hungry to make a breakfast casserole which is what I really wanted. I had leftover biscuits that I needed to use up, so I decided to try my hand at bacon, egg and cheese biscuits. This is such a basic recipe that you can switch it up however you want. Got leftover ham? Toss it in there. Hate cheese? Leave it out. If you like McGriddles from McDonalds, pour a tiny amount of maple syrup onto the biscuit first.

It took only a few minutes to make and was really filling. I almost stopped after just one because it was so filling, but of course I went back for seconds.

Verdict:
Thumbs up! Quick breakfast = happy mom with almost no free time!

No comments: