Saturday, July 12, 2014

Mini Egg White Omelets

From: Six Sisters' Stuff

Ingredients:
12 eggs
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Toppings you like in your omelets, such as:
Onions, Green Onions, Green and Red Peppers, Fresh Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Cheese, Turkey Bacon, and Ham

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
 
Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, then crack an egg into each muffin tin hole. You can use a whole egg, or just the whites, or even egg whites from a carton. 
 
Once you crack them in the tin, take a fork and smash the yoke and mix around the egg whites. Add Salt and Pepper as needed. Add about 2 tablespoons of the veggies/toppings you like into each tin. Sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top.
 
Put into the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the eggs are a little brown on top. Wait a few minutes then pop them out with a fork.
 
 

Verdict:
Thumbs up! I eat eggs at least 5 times a week for breakfast. Usually they are scrambled but every so often I get a craving for some extra veggies. These little omelets are perfect for satisfying my craving and filling me up. Three or four are perfect for me, along with my coffee and hashbrowns. For this recipe I used ham, green peppers and mushrooms but you can obviously use anything you want. I love recipes that can vary from time to time.

Nutrition info: (based on the ingredients I used)
Carbs: 2g
Fats: 10g
Protein: 23g

No comments: