Monday, June 3, 2013

Garlic Chicken

From: An old index card

Ingredients:
Chicken
Lemon juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
8 garlic
1 Tbsp thyme, parsley, oregano, chives
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients. Add chicken and cover. Refrigerate overnight. Grill chicken.


Verdict:
I know, the chicken doesn't look that appetizing and the recipe is pretty vague. I'm trying to go through some of my old recipe cards and weed out some of them! I honestly think this recipe would have been better if I hadn't used so many herbs. It wasn't bad, it was just very herb-y, as you can tell by the picture! BUT... I will say that my 4-year old ate a ton of it and she's the one I consider my picky eater. It wasn't a really strong flavor so that's probably why she liked it. Also, I didn't grill it, I just cooked it in the oven. This is the type of recipe I'd probably make for lunch during the week for the kids but not for a family dinner.

1 comment:

JSL82 said...

It looks delicious to me