Friday, May 10, 2013

Garlic Bubble Ring

From: An old index card

Ingredients:
1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9" Bundt cake pan. Pull off pieces of thawed bread dough; form into balls. Combine butter and egg in a small mixing bowl; mix in cheese, garlic powder, salt and parsley. Dip dough balls into mix and layer in the prepared pan. Cover; let rise until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes. Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes.



Verdict:
Oh. My. Gosh. Biggest thumbs up EVER. I used Rhodes rolls instead of a frozen bread loaf. I loved this because it was already in the balls. All I had to do was let it thaw, dip each ball into the mixture, and then I used a circle cake pan instead of a cake pan. Cooking time for me was only about 20 minutes though.

When they came out of the oven they were dripping in butter and garlic, just the way we like them! As they sat out, the bottoms got a little crisper and they had this awesome butter/garlic caramelization on the bottoms. Tremendous. We ate the entire pan in no time. I would eat this for every meal if I could. Seriously. Highly recommend this recipe!

No comments: