Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Speedy Ravioli Bake

Easiest pasta you'll ever make!!

Ingredients:
2 9-oz packages of cheese-filled ravioli
1 26 oz jar of chunky tomato pasta sauce
1 tsp dried basil leaves
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese


Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large saucepan cook the ravioli as directed on package. Drain and set aside.


In the same saucepan, mix the pasta sauce and basil. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring, until heated. Stir in cooked ravioli. Or if you're like me, after you drain the ravioli, just don't move it out of the saucepan and dump the sauce and basil right on in there. Saves a step.

Pour into an ungreased 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over the top.


Bake uncovered around 10 minutes or until it's bubbly and the cheese has melted.


What I did differently from the recipe:
I guesstimated on the amount of ravioli, basil, and cheese. I think I did more ravioli than the recipe called for, but they were small, unlike the picture in the cookbook. I probably did more cheese, because I'm a cheese fanatic.

What I'll do differently next time:
Nothing - I'll do it exactly this way the next time I make it.

Verdict:
Thumbs up!! Between four of us, this pasta was eaten almost entirely in one sitting. And truthfully, I would have finished it off except my sister had her baby that day and I wanted to get to the hospital! This is one of the easiest recipes I've ever done. And so good!

No comments: