Saturday, May 2, 2020

Stuffed Baked Apples

From: Cooking Light

Ingredients:
4 medium cooking apples
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
Cinnamon

Core apples to within 1/2-inch of bottom, leaving a 1-inch wide cavity. Peel around top third of each apple.

Arrange apples in an 8-inch square or 9-inch round baking pan. Fill cavity of each apple with 1 tablespoon raisins. Combine water and lemon juice; pour over apples. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender.


Verdict:
I don't really love baked apples, but I am overrun with apples right now, so I'm trying a few new recipes. This recipe was good, but not my favorite. I feel like it was missing a little something but I'm not sure what. So if you've made a recipe similar to this with extra ingredients, let me know!

No comments: