Monday, July 22, 2013

Ham 'N' Swiss Soup

From: Taste of Home

Ingredients:
4 1/2 tsp butter
4 1/2 tsp AP flour
1 can chicken broth
1 cup chopped broccoli
2 Tbsp chopped onion
1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/8 tsp dried thyme
3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese

In a saucepan, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the broccoli and onion; cook and stir until tender-crisp. Add the ham, cream and thyme; heat through. Stir in the cheese until melted. 

Please note: This picture is from the Taste of Home website, not my personal picture. The soup was gone before I ever got my camera out!!


Verdict:
Thumbs up! Oh my goodness, this soup was so delicious and melted in our mouths! I will definitely be making this one again. My only note - I recommend doubling this recipe. It only gave us three servings in the end and I would have liked more of it!

No comments: