Thursday, December 12, 2019

Appetizer Cheese Bake

From: Southern Living cookbook 1992

Ingredients:
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup mayonnaise
1/8 tsp pepper
3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped onion

Combine first 3 ingredients; stir in cheese and onion. Spoon into a 1-quart souffle dish. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately with crackers.



What I did differently:
I only used half of the onion.

Verdict:
Thumbs up! If you like things like a quiche, or souffle, you will like this dip. It doesn't have a "dip" texture. The egg pulls everything together like a quiche. I could see how you could actually make this into a really good breakfast bake - toss in some crumbled sausage, or peppers, ham, bacon, etc. Anyway, it was REALLY easy and I liked the flavor a lot, especially with the crackers. It's not my favorite I've had but it's one I'd make again.

No comments: