Monday, November 11, 2019

Quick and Easy Chili

From: Southern Living 1992 cookbook

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 16-oz can tomatoes, undrained and chopped
2 15-oz cans red kidney beans, undrained
1 10-oz can tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
1 1/2 cups water
1 envelope chili seasoning mix
1 envelope instant onion soup mix


Cook ground beef in a Dutch oven until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles; drain.

Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

What I did differently:
I didn't use the whole can of diced tomatoes because we aren't really fans of tomatoes. I only used one can of kidney beans, and I did drain them, even though the recipe said not to. I also left out the envelope of onion soup mix.

Verdict:
Thumbs up! It wasn't too spicy and it could easily be spiced up as much as you want. I liked it because it was so fast to make. I do love chili in a crockpot but I felt like the flavor of this was great, and the family liked it. Winning!

No comments: